1 c. sugar
3 T. cornstarch
Freshly grated lemon peel (LOTS)
1/4 c. (or more) lemon juice
1/4 c. butter
3 egg yolks
1 c. milk
Combine sugar and cornstarch. Add other ingredients and microwave in 1 minute increments until thick, whisking after each minute. Cool. Add 1 c. sour cream (I used light). Put in pre-baked pie shell. Enjoy!!
This weekend, we had 2 very ripe bananas. Since our banana "hater" was not home, I decided to make banana pancakes. My mom makes pancake batter and adds sliced bananas. I found this recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
I hardly ever add salt to a recipe - and I would leave the sugar out next time. The bananas make it very sweet.
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
Erika (and her mom) will ask where the pics are . . . maybe next time!
Now, THAT is Shappy Living!!!!